Hi my friends. I have spent the last several days working on a long overdue post because I have been sitting on some great news for a while now. The original post was a long-winded but heartfelt tale about my struggles at being an Indie Author, my adoration for other Indie/Traditional Authors, friends and fans, my blog, and all the amazing things that have happened for me and my writing this year. After getting stuck somewhere in what I was saying, I decided to just to tell the news and let it go. I will say thank you all so much because without you (the internet and social media) I would not have been able to make it this far. Just needed to say that I appreciate you so very much.
And now the news:
- In February I received a letter from NOW Magazine -(http://nowmagazines.com/) offering me a featured spot in their Fall issue. I recently completed the interview portion of the article and the photo shoot is scheduled for mid-July. Considering how things can easily change with print media, I cannot be certain as to when the issue will be released other than November. I promise to keep you updated as the information comes in. This is a first for me and I have to say that I am jumping up and down in my skin.
- Thanks to InD’Tale Magazine (http://www.indtale.com/, I was chosen to be a Guest Judge for the 2012 RONE` (Romance Novel) Awards. The awards ceremony and convention event will be held in August at the Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino in downtown Las Vegas. http://romancenovelconvention.com/ Guest Judges will be announced at the ceremony event and I am doing my best to be there in person for this wonderful opportunity.
- My novel – “Secrets & Lies” – http://amzn.com/B005G5L36O – was nominated for an indie ebook award in the Best Chick Lit/Women’s Literature category. We didn’t make it as a finalist, but the nomination was a first and I am very proud of the book for making it that far. From a forgotten submission, the full manuscript was recently requested by a small press publisher.
- And finally, I have great news about my short story “The Crush.” For those who don’t know, “The Crush” is a little romantic circular tale about innocent admiration that was initially featured on my blog in September 2011. To date, it is the mostly viewed post on my blog. In 2013, I decided to release the story for free in ebook form on smashwords and this past May the story became a feature on the Huffington Post.
Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tracy-james-jones/
At the end of May, first of June 2013, I received an email request from The International Baccalaureate Organization http://www.ibo.org/ asking for permission to add “The Crush,” to their Middle Years Education Program language and literature teacher support material. From the letter I received, the story was read and previously used by one of their affiliated teachers as an example of good practice for her class, bringing it to the attention of her IBO Team Leader, who deemed the story worthy of use in their world-wide education program. (Please follow the link to find out more about them). Anyway, I am happy to report that sometime in the new school year “The Crush” will be available to classrooms around the world for at least the next 7 years and will be translated into French and Spanish as well. This, is one of the greatest honors I never expected and I can honestly say that no matter whatever else comes from my writing, I will forever treasure this moment for as long as I live.
And there it is. The long list of things that has kept me on an invisible seesaw for the past several months. Thing is, some of this stuff has yet to happen, and oh, I just realized that I have one more thing to add.
- In October of this year, I will be a participating author in my first Indie Author Convention in Dallas, Texas which will include several bestselling indie authors of various genres from coast to coast, with some coming in from as far away as Australia. The itinerary for this convention is still in progress, but I do know that there will be a mass book signing event at Half Price Books in North Dallas, and hopefully a lot of media coverage for us all. In the coming months I will be sure to update information for this event and for all of you in the local area, we would love for you to come out and join us.
Okay. I think I am all caught up. As always, I want to thank you all again so much for being there in support of me. I know I have been slacking on my blog but at least I have let everyone know exactly why. Before too long I will be back at my work desk happily posting all the latest news, releases, and other events in regards to all of my talented independent friends in the business of entertainment writing. Until then, big hugs and much love to you always. ~ Tracy J.